Volunteer work is an excellent way to gain Canadian experience and Canadian references. There are also many other benefits to volunteering in your community.
Volunteering can help you to:
- Get Canadian work experience.
- Get practical knowledge of the Canadian workplace.
- Practice your English or French.
- Make new friends and contacts.
- Get Canadian references.
- Get job leads.
- Take on new responsibilities.
- Develop new skills – such as interpersonal, communication, organizational, fundraising skills.
- Learn about issues that affect the community.
Volunteer centres help match you with organizations that need volunteers. Click to view a list of Ontario Volunteer Centres.